Set up character entities
Character entities are special characters, letters with diacritical marks (accents, umlauts, etc.), as well as scientific and currency symbols that are not available on a standard keyboard. Character entities can also be set up as shortcuts for entire strings that include special characters, such as brand names.
You can configure the character entities that will be available from within an XML editor. For example, the Insert Entity window shown below is available through the oXygen XML editor.
- Open the TEXTML Administration view.
- Connect to your server and docbase.
- Locate IxiaConstants.ent in the repository's /system/dtd/ixia collection.
- Right-click IxiaConstants.ent and select Check Out from the menu.
- Open the file in an XML editor.
To create a new character entity:
Beside the <!ENTITY comment, enter the entity name you want to
appear as an option in the XML editor:
(Optional) If the character entity is preceded by a brand name or
similar string, enter the string to be inserted:
<!ENTITY IXIASOFT "IXIASOFT>
Enter the hex code for the character entity:
<!ENTITY IXIASOFT "IXIASOFT™" >
- Beside the <!ENTITY comment, enter the entity name you want to appear as an option in the XML editor:
- Save, close and check in IxiaConstants.ent.