Add a new DTD to the Output Generator
You may need to add a new DTD to the Output Generator, for example if you have created a specialization
- In the system folder of the DITA CMS Eclipse Client: These DTDs are used by the DITA CMS to validate the DITA documents when authoring and reviewing documents. They are stored in the docbase repository, under system/dtd/ixia. See "Add a DTD for custom document objects" in the DITA CMS System Administrator's Guide for more information.
- In the Output Generator: These DTDs are used by the Output Generator when transforming the DITA content using the DITA Open Toolkit. They are stored in a plug-in (in the %OutputGenDir%/data/%OT_Dir%/plugins/ directory).
Create the plug-in that contains your DTD.
Note: This procedure assumes that the plug-in was created using the procedure in the DITA Open Toolkit documentation. See the DITA Open Toolkit User Guide for more information about creating plug-ins. See the OASIS DITA Standard for more information on creating DITA-compliant DTDs.
You can also use the IXIASOFT DTD plug-in as a template for creating your own DTD plug-in. See for more information.
- Add the plug-in to the %OutputGenDir%/data/%OT_Dir%/plugins/ directory.
- In the %OutputGenDir%/data/%OT_Dir%/ directory, double-click startcmd.bat (Windows) or run startcmd.sh (Linux).
At the command prompt, enter:
ant -f integrator.xmlThe integration build runs and you should soon see BUILD SUCCESSFUL.Note: If a message similar to the following is displayed, you can safely ignore it:
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\tools.jar
- Close the command window.
- Restart the Output Generator service.
About the com.ixiasoft.dita plug-in
|File or directory||Description|
|/dtd||Contains the custom DTDs.|
|catalog-ant-dita.xml||Standard DITA catalog.|
|catalog-ant-ixia.xml||Defines the public IDs for the custom DTDs. The public IDs are specified as absolute paths, using Ant variables.|
|catalog-dita-ixia.xml||Defines the public IDs for the custom DTDs. The public IDs are specified as paths relative to the catalog-dita-ixia.xml file.|
|plugin.xml||Standard plug-in file.|