Step 1: Download another version of the Open Toolkit
The DITA Open Toolkit website provides the latest versions of the Open Toolkit.
When you download a new version of the DITA Open Toolkit, it must be stored in the %OutputGenDir%/data directory, with the following naming convention:
DITA-OTx.y.zWhere x.y.z is the Open Toolkit version number. For example:
Note: Do not download version 1.8 M2 of the Open Toolkit; it has bugs that will cause issues when generating output using the XEP rendering engine.To download another version of the Open Toolkit:
- Go to the DITA Open Toolkit download website:
Download the "full easy install" package for the version of the Open Toolkit that
The Open Toolkit is packaged as a .zip (Windows) or .tar.gz (Unix) file.
Extract the file to the %OutputGenDir%/data directory.
C:\Ixiasoft\OutputGenerators\OutputGen_Prod_3.4\data\DITA-OT1.8Note: Keep the directory name as defined by the Open Toolkit (for example, DITA-OT1.8). The Output Generator assumes that the DITA Open Toolkit files are stored in a directory that follows this naming convention.
Copy the following plug-ins from the
%OutputGenDir%/data/DITA-OT1.6.2/plugins directory to the
%OutputGenDir%/data/%NewOT_Dir%/plugins directory (for
- com.ixiasoft.dita: Includes the IXIASOFT DITA DTD specializations
- com.ixiasoft.images: Handles the .image file extension for the DITA CMS images
- com.ixiasoft.pdf.review: Handles the DITA CMS PDF-based review process (works with versions 1.6.2 and up of the DITA Open Toolkit)
- org.mathml2: Handles the conversion of MathML images for the FOP rendering engine
- xmetal_dtd: Provides functionality required by the XMetaL Editor
- If you added plug-ins to the previous Open Toolkit, copy them to the plugins directory of the new Open Toolkit (for example, %OutputGenDir%/data/DITA-OT1.8/plugins).
- Copy any custom resources from %OutputGenDir%/data/%OldOT_Dir%/resource to %OutputGenDir%/data/%NewOT_Dir%/resource.