Installing the Output Generator
This set of topics provides the procedures to perform the initial installation and configuration of the Output Generator.
The following diagram shows how the Output Generator interacts with other DITA CMS components. Note that the diagram shows default port numbers; they may be different in your deployment.
- Extract the Output Generator files.
- Configure the name of the server that hosts the Output Generator as well as the Output Generator connection port.
- Configure the connection to the TEXTML Server and Content Store (also called docbase in this document).
- Configure the Java wrapper to identify the Output Generator's Java libraries and maximum Java heap size.
- Enable Kerberos authentication, if applicable.
- Install and start the Output Generator service.
If necessary, you can install multiple Output Generator servers for better performance. See the Planning a DITA CMS Deployment document for more information.