Create an Eclipse update site
If you plan to deploy plug-ins using an update site, you need to determine which update site to use.
IXIASOFT provides update sites that you can use to deploy the DITA CMS plug-ins to your users. However, you will not be able to control the plug-ins that will be pushed to your users. As soon as IXIASOFT releases an update to a plug-in, it will be available for your users. Once an update has been installed on a machine, it is not possible to go back to a previous version.
- Test update sites: You use these update sites to download and test the updated plug-ins.
- Production update sites: They contain the plug-ins that you have tested and approved for deployment.
To create an update site for the DITA CMS plug-ins:
Create a web server.
You can use any web server, such as Apache, IIS, Tomcat, etc. The web server only needs to serve static files (no scripting is required). The update site can even be created with the Tomcat server that is used for the Web Collaborative Reviewer.The examples used in this procedure assume that the web server created has the following properties:
- The root of the web site is C:\wwwroot
- The name of the server is update.acme.com
- In the web site root directory, create two directories to store your test and production update sites; for example, test-update-site and update-site.
In each update site directory, create a directory for each of the following
- Download the plug-ins from the IXIASOFT download site at the following URL:
Unzip the content of each update site zip file to the appropriate folder; for
Update site zip file Directory dita-cms-<version>.zip C:\wwwroot\update-site\dita-cms dita-doc-<version>.zip C:\wwwroot\update-site\dita-doc dita-cms-admin-<version>.zip C:\wwwroot\update-site\dita-cms-admin textml-admin-<version>.zip C:\wwwroot\update-site\textml-adminFor example:
- Test the plug-ins. When ready, repeat the procedure to install the plug-ins on the production update site.