Log in to DITA CMS
The first time that you open DITA CMS, or if you are working in a new workspace, you must enter your access information.
Depending on your confirmation, once the information is validated, you may be logged in automatically whenever you open DITA CMS from your workstation. If the CMS administrator has disabled auto-login, you will need to connect to the servers every time that you log in.
To log in to DITA CMS:
- Open DITA CMS.
From the Global Actions menu bar, click the Connection
Information button: or select
The Preferences window opens:Figure 1. DITA CMS user and connection preferences
Enter your user information:
Note: By default, your username and password for TEXTML Server and DITA CMS are the same as your system username and password.
- Domain: Enter your local domain.
- Username: Enter your network login name.
- Password: Enter your network password.
Enter your TEXTML Server connection information:
- Security: If your deployment is securing communications using SSL, select Use SSL Connection.
- Hostname: Enter the name of your TEXTML Server.
- Port: Enter the TEXTML Server port number (2500 by default). If your deployment is using SSL, enter the secure port.
Document base: Enter the name of
your Content Store.
Note: The Major version radio button indicates the current TEXTML Server major version.
Enter the Output Generator information:
- Hostname: Enter the name of the server hosting the Output Generator.
- Port: Enter the Output Generator port number (1500 by default).
- Monitor Port: Enter the local port where output generation progress is sent. Unless specified otherwise by your CMS administrator, enter 0.
Your access information is saved and for subsequent sessions you will be automatically logged in.
Click OK to close the
Note: Logging off is automatic when you close the DITA CMS. DITA CMS remembers the perspectives you opened for your next work session.