Preview a topic
Use this procedure to see a WYSIWYG version of a topic.
When you select Show Preview for a topic, the Conditionals panel appears if your topic contains conditional text. It shows the conditional attributes defined by the DITA specification, with check boxes for each attribute value used in the current topic.
Here is an example of what a topic that contains conditional text looks like in the Preview window.
Use the check boxes to hide or display the portions of your topic that are tagged with these attributes.
To preview a topic:
- Locate the topic you want to preview.
Do one of the following:
- Open the topic to preview in your XML editor.
- Right-click the topic and select Show Preview.
- Hover over the topic. Note: This opens a thumbnail view of the topic, not the Preview pane. This functionality is not available from all views.
- If you make changes to the topic in the XML editor, click the Preview pane Refresh button () or repeat one of the previous options to see your changes.
- Optional: If desired, click the Print button () to print the contents of the Preview.