Creating and using conrefs
The Referable-Content view lets you search for reusable components and insert them into documents.
What is a reusable component?
DITA CMS provides a topic specialization—the referable-content topic type—that you can use to store the text you plan to use in multiple topics. In DITA CMS, a reusable component is an element that is within the <rcbody> element and has an id attribute.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE referable-content PUBLIC "-//IXIA//DTD IXIA DITA Composite//EN" "IxiaDitabase.dtd"> <referable-content id="per1389985725819" xml:lang="en-us"> <title>Configure Kerberos authentication on the client</title> <rcbody> <note id="kerberos_prerequisites">To use Kerberos authentication, the client application and TEXTML Server must be running on Windows. Linux is not supported. </note> </rcbody> </referable-content>
The <note> with the kerberos_prerequisites id is considered a reusable component by the DITA CMS. You can reuse these components in other topics using conrefs.
<note conref="per1389985725819.xml#per1389985725819/kerberos_prerequisites"/>To easily find reusable components and insert conrefs to them into other topics, the DITA CMS now provides the Referable-Content view.
Overview of the Referable-Content view
Once you have created reusable content components, you use the Referable-Content view to search for these components and reuse them in other topics.
- Text Preview: Overview of the text that can be reused
- Element: Element type of the reusable component
- Element ID: ID assigned to the reusable component
- Owner Document: Name of the document that contains the reusable component
- Element type: This drop-down list displays all the elements for which a reusable component is defined. You can search inside a specific element type or select All element types to search inside all element types.
- Containing library: This drop-down list displays all the referable-component-library maps found in the Content Store. You can search inside a specific map or select All libraries to search inside all the maps.
Once you have found the text that you want to reuse, you can easily insert it into the target topic using the Referable-Content view.