Create location-based groups by editing groups.xml
To support location-based groups, a new optional element <locations> should be added as a child to the <group> element in the groups.xml file. The <locations> element contains the list of locations that are mapped to a group.
To create location-based groups through the groups.xml file:
- Open the TEXTML Server Java Console or the TEXTML Server Administration perspective in the DITA CMS.
- Connect to the server and the Content Store that you want to manage.
- Expand the Content Store's Repository node and browse to /system/conf/ to locate the groups.xml file.
- Right-click groups.xml and select Check Out.
- Open the file in an XML editor.
Under <groups>, enter the
<locations> element, along with a list of location
names to any group of your preference. For example:
<groups> <group name="System Administrators"/> <group name="Guests"/> <group name="Everyone"/> <group name="Content Reviewers"/> <locations> <location name="Ixiasoft Montreal"> <location name="Ixiasoft Toronto"> </locations> </group> </groups>
The above example shows that all users in Ixiasoft Montreal and Ixiasoft Toronto have access to the role of Content Reviewers.
- Save, close, and check in the groups.xml file.