New in this documentation release
- Added instructions about how to display the DITA CMS Eclipse Client in a different language. For more information, see Configuring the DITA CMS Eclipse Client to display in a different language.
- Added two new attributes to the languages.xml configuration file. The default attribute specifies the language selected by default in the dialog boxes used to create objects and the authoring attribute specifies whether the language is made available in the list of options in the dialog boxes used to create objects. For more information, see Configure languages for document creation and localization.
- A new attribute, deprecated, has been added to the conditionaltext.xml configuration file to allow system administrators to deprecate a conditional attribute value. For more information, see Deprecating conditional attribute values.
- Added ability to store oXygen XML Editor's document types extensions (framework extensions) in the Content Store so they are added into the oXygen Editor's Preferences when the DITA CMS Eclipse Clients are launched. For more information, see Adding oXygen XML Editor's document type extensions (framework extensions) to the Content Store.
- Corrected a sample code error in the procedure to Create a map template that generates topics.
- A new type has been added to the resource.xml file to allow non-DITA files referenced by an imported object to be imported as resources identified as type "unknown", which allows them to be searchable. For more information, see Configure resource types.
DITA CMS 4.3 updates
- A new configuration option called incremental localization has been added to the sequential localization mode. The new incremental localization process allows you to start the localization process for a map without having all the objects in the Authoring:done status (or the equivalent status in your deployment). For more information, see Configure the incremental localization process.
- A new configuration option called pivot language localization has been added to the sequential localization mode. Pivot language localization allows you to use an intermediate language (pivot language) when a direct translation between the source language and the target language is not available. For more information, see Localizing from an alternate language (pivot language localization).
- When specifying perspective names in the system/conf/eclipseui.xml file, you can now use wildcards to specify multiple perspectives in a single line. For example, "com.ixiasoft.dita.eclipse.gui.perspective.*" will match all the DITA CMS perspectives. See Simplify a perspective for more information.
- Added the ability to make specific statuses visible to specific groups. See Restrict the visibility of status options by group.
- Added a new option to the sequential localization method to allow objects re-imported into the DITA CMS after localization to skip the "review" status. See Using the sequential localization method.
- You can now create variables in map templates, which are made available in the Create Map dialog box. Users can then provide values for the variable when they create a map. See Create a new map template, Adding variables to a map template, and Configure parameters for a map template. Also added the templateparameters.xml configuration file to the reference chapter, see Alphabetical listing of the configuration files.
- Added information about the language of Build Manifest objects created from a Build Manifest template. See Create a Build Manifest template.
- Added new section describing how to report issues to customer service. See Providing information to IXIASOFT Customer Support.
- You can now specify the status that documents will be in after a Retranslate from source operation, which reverts the content of one or more objects to the original source language. See Set a status for documents that are retranslated from source.
- The default configuration now includes a template file, eclipseui_template.xml, that you can use to customize your eclipseui.xml file. See Working with the eclipseui_template.xml file.
- You can now define a profiling color scheme to display the conditional text in different colors and styles in Author mode and in a PDF output generated without selecting a ditaval. See Define a centralized coloring scheme for highlighting conditional text.
- The profiling attributes values for conditional processing defined in the conditionaltext.xml configuration file are available from the Edit Profiling Attributes menu. See Configure the conditions used in the DITA CMS.
- You can now define a preset list of keys (keywords or external links) in the Content Store which populates the Edit Variables dialog box opened from the DITA Map view. User can then insert the preset keys into their maps. See Configure a preset list of keys.
- Instructions describing how to make new columns available in the views have been updated to include editing the Index Definition document. See Configure the columns and values displayed in DITA CMS views.
- New topics have been added describing how to edit the Index Definition document. See Editing index definitions.
- Clarified how to configure the context.document.type field in the procedure Using the sequential localization method.
- New topic has been added describing how to modify the Referable-Content view to include elements from other topic types. See Modifying the Referable-Content view.
Build 4.2.29 updates
- Added a new chapter, Configuration file reference, which contains a reference of all the configuration files.
- Added a topic that explains the specialCharacter.xml file, which contains a list of the special characters and symbols available in the Special Inserts view. See Configure the special characters and symbols used in XMetaL.
- Added a topic that explains the externaltypes.xml file, which contains a list of the defined external source types and determines how peer references are handled. See Add a new type to the list of external source types and Change how peer references are handled.
- Added a topic that explains how to create a template for the reports, see Create a map template that generates topics.
- Added a topic that explains how to change the format used in Preview view. See Modify the look of the text in the Preview view.
- Added a topic that explains how to remove the translate="no" attribute from auto-translated text when preparing the localization kit. See Enable the linguistic review process.
- Clarified last step in topics to indicate whether users can click Synchronize Configuration to update their instances with the changes or if they need to restart.
- Reorganized some topics and chapters to improve usability.
- Added a new topic describing how to generate the timers log for DITA CMS, see Generate a log containing timing values for DITA CMS operations.
- Added new chapter describing how to restart DITA CMS components and in what order, see Restarting DITA CMS components after TEXTML Server is restarted.
- Added an example for the ImageLocalizationManagerService manager in Using the concurrent localization method.
- Removed mentions of the displayColumns.xml file, since this file was deprecated in DITA CMS 4.1 and replaced with display.xml.
DITA CMS 4.2 updates
- The new simplified user interface (UI) feature allows you to simplify the user interface by customizing the layout both when the DITA CMS starts up and in the various DITA CMS perspectives. See Simplifying the interface of the DITA CMS Eclipse Client.
- The location-based groups feature is a grouping capability that lets you define locations within the groups. Adding locations to the groups allows users to gain access to various DITA CMS features according to their location. See Location-based groups.
- The Scheduler and Web Collaborative Reviewer components are now
documented in the following guides:
- Scheduler Installation Guide
- Web Collaborative Reviewer Installation Guide
- The topworkload attribute in the roles.xml file is now documented. See Configure roles by editing roles.xml.
- Added the procedure to Start the DITA CMS in debug mode.