Delete words from a custom dictionary
You can delete words from a custom dictionary.
To delete a word from a custom dictionary:
- Open the Dictionary Manager.
In the Dictionaries area, select the language for the
word to remove and click the Lock button ().
The Lock button checks out the custom dictionary file for your exclusive use. The Vocabulary area lists all the words in the standard dictionary for that language.
Right-click anywhere in the Dictionaries area and select
Remove A Word.
The Remove A Word dialog is displayed.
Enter the word to remove and click OK.
One of the following messages is displayed:
- Entered word '<your_word>' doesn't exist in custom
You are trying to delete a word that is not in the custom dictionary. Click OK to continue and try another word. Note that you cannot delete words from the standard dictionary.
- Word '<your_word>' was successfully removed from custom
The word was deleted. Click OK to continue.
- Entered word '<your_word>' doesn't exist in custom dictionary'<dictionary>'.
- To remove more words from the dictionary, repeat the procedure from Step 3.
- To commit your changes, click Check In Document ().
- Inform users of the changes and request that they close and reopen their DITA CMS to apply the changes.