New in this documentation release
- The Assignments dialog box has been improved to allow filtering of the names displayed in the Assignee pane by project even if the document being assigned is not one of the project's deliverables. For
more information, see Assign documents to users.
- The Assignments dialog box has been improved so that an HTTP or HTTPS-based URL can be added to an assigned document as an external link. For more information, see Assign documents to users.
- A new feature called Clone Ditaval has been added to the Ditaval view. This feature allows you to create a clone of an existing Ditaval file to use as a basis for a new Ditaval. For more information, see Clone a Ditaval file.
- The Reimporting the same file into the DITA CMS.
has changed. When you import an image to replace an image in a multiple resolution image object, all the formats are replaced by the imported image. For more information, see
- In Import Maps and Import Topics options have changed. When a map or topic being imported references a non-DITA resource such as PDF file or video, it is imported as a resource of the type "unknown". For more information, see Import maps and Import topics.
- The ability to create a Ditaval file for a subject scheme has been added to the
Ditaval view. For more information, see
Create a Ditaval file.
DITA CMS 4.3 updates
- Profiling and conditional processing has been improved to support subjectScheme maps
which define a list of controlled values for the conditional processing attributes. For
more information, see About how conditional processing attributes are defined in DITA CMS and Create a subject scheme map.
- A new option called incremental localization, configurable by your DITA CMS administrator, is now offered as part of the sequential
localization mode. The new incremental localization process allows you to start the
localization process for a map without having all the objects in the Authoring:done status (or the equivalent status in your deployment). For more information, see About incremental localization.
- A new option called pivot language localization, configurable by your DITA CMS administrator, is now offered as part of the sequential
localization mode. Pivot language localization
allows you to use an intermediate language (pivot language) when a direct translation between the source
language and the target language is not available. For more information, see Localizing from an alternate language (pivot language localization).
Redline With feature has been enhanced. You can
now compare a map with a or published map in the Authoring or Localization cycle. For
more information, see
Compare to a snapshot or published map (redlining).
- You can now set context maps for topics assigned to SMEs in Web Author 5.0. For more
information, see Assign documents to users.
- Changes have been made to the Branch and
Clone features. Branched objects will now contain the same ID as
their source objects. Clone objects must now contain unique IDs so the option
Use same ID has been removed form the
Clone dialog box, see Clone a map, topic, or image.
- Since the Visible checkbox on the Message
dialog box had no effect, it has been removed from the interface. Therefore, two topics
related to that feature have been removed from the Bulletin Board section, see Use the Bulletin Board.
- Small change in the .zip file when preparing a localization kit for sequential
localization, see Prepare the localization kit.
- You can now open a ditaval in a read-only mode in the XML editor area, see View a ditaval file.
- Added a new topic about how to log in to the DITA CMS Eclipse client
with preconfigured settings, see Log in to DITA CMS from Eclipse clients with preconfigured settings.
- Added a topic for the Copy Element
ID feature, which allows you to copy the ID of an element from a topic in
the Referable-Content view. For more information,
see Copy the element ID.
- Updated the instructions for inserting variables or external links into
a topic from a map to reflect the enhancements made to the Insert Variable dialog box. Variables are organized by the map in which
they are defined and they can also be filtered by name or value. See Inserting a keyword or external link from keys defined in the map.
- In the Assignments dialog box, deactivated users no longer appear in
the Assignee pane unless they are still assigned to a document. for more information on
assigning documents to users, see Assign documents to users.
- The labels for Manage Label
Configuration button on the main toolbar, and the Manage Label Configuration dialog box have all been changed
to Configure Labels, see topics in Document labels.
in the main menu, the
Build 4.2.33 updates
- The Dependencies view can now be refreshed by clicking the Refresh button, see Refresh a view.
- Added a new icon (broken link icon) to the List of icons.
- The Insert Variable dialog box
now displays the current and default values of the keys. See Inserting a keyword or external link from keys defined in the map.
- Removed topic "Configure conditional text attributes
in the oXygen editor" since it is no longer needed now that profiling attributes values
for conditional processing are defined in a configuration file.
- Variables now available in map templates, see Create a map.
- Added a note explaining that localized content must be in the
Localized:done state to be output with a Build Manifest. See Output a Build Manifest.
Build 4.2.30 updates
- The wizards used to import files as external documents in a read-only
state have been removed and replaced by a checkbox called Import As External in the standard import wizards, see Import and export documents.
- By default, the Pin Content button is now always enabled in the
Dependencies view. See Enable update of the Dependencies view for more
- Added a new topic: Export content from the DITA CMS.
- Added a note to the procedure View document assignments in the Todo List indicating that the Todo List must be refreshed manually.
- Fixed spelling error in the originalRelativePath index name.
- Added a note indicating that drop points are valid until a new map is
opened in the DITA Map view. See Define a map drop point.
- Added a note indicating that the Validate Links command also checks
links in reltables. See Validate out-of-scope links.
- Updated the following procedures to indicate that a snapshot must be in
the the Authoring:done status before it can be published or
- Several updates to ditaval topics:
Build 4.2.28 updates
- Added a use case for searching the Content Store: Search example: Searching for a specific element.
- Reorganized and edited the following sections for clarity:
- Removed the procedure for synchronizing working documents since this
feature is no longer supported.
DITA CMS 4.2 updates
- You can now create and generate reports using the DITA CMS . See Creating and generating reports.
- The following taxonomy features were added:
- When importing images, the DITA CMS now uses information from the source
topic to set the image description that is saved in the DITA CMS. See Setting the image description when importing images.
- Multiple improvements were made to the document assignments:
- Other minor enhancements:
- Autorefresh in map view - Selecting a map
from the history list now automatically opens the map in the DITA Map Editor.
- Partial synchronization is now always enabled
- Partial synchronization is now always enabled to improve the performance of the DITA
CMS. As such, the synchronization page has been removed from the DITA CMS preferences.
Options that were on the synchronization page were moved to other pages. For more
- Export search results - You can export search
results and save them in a file outside the repository in three different formats: Tab
Separated Value (TSV), Extensible Markup Language (XML), and Spreadsheet (XLS).