Prepare the localization kit
Once the files are in the Localization cycle, a localization kit is prepared for each language and sent to the translation team.
- If preparing a localization kit for a map, the map's title must be in an element – not an attribute.
- The map or topic must have the status Localization:tb translated (or its equivalent in your workflow).
|Sequential localization method||Concurrent localization method|
|A ZIP file that contains the following:
||A ZIP file with the content in XLIFF format,
The localization process requires a substantial amount of system resources. If you are localizing several maps in many different languages you may notice an impact on your computer's performance.
To prepare the localization kit:
- In the Cycles panel of the Search view, select the Localization checkbox.
- In the Document Types panel of the Search view, select Maps or Topics, depending on whether you are localizing a map or a topic.
- In the Languages panel of the Search view, select the target translation languages.
Click the Search
All maps or topics that are being localized in these languages appear in the Search Results view.
In the Search Results
view, right-click the required map(s) or topic(s) and select from the menu.
The Generate Kit dialog appears as the localization kit is generated and zipped.
After the localization kit is prepared you have the following
- If Auto save is enabled, the Generate Kit dialog displays the location where the file was saved. Click OK.
- If Auto save is not enabled, the Save As dialog appears. Confirm or change the proposed filename and location, then click Save.