Edit the XML contents of the Ditaval file
You can view and edit the XML contents of a Ditaval file if you prefer to update it manually.
Note: For more information about the XML structure of a Ditaval file, see the Dita Specification documentation.
To edit the XML contents of a Ditaval file:
In the Ditaval view, right-click the file to edit and select Edit
A lock appears on the Ditaval file icon, indicating that you have checked out the file, as shown below:Note: If the Edit Ditaval XML option is greyed out, this means that the Ditaval file was imported or created before this feature was implemented, and the file needs to be converted to a new format. To solve this issue:The Ditaval is displayed in your Eclipse XML editor.
- In the Ditaval view, right-click the file and select Edit Ditaval.
- In the Title box, type a title for the ditaval.
- Click OK (you don't have to modify the values).
- The Edit Ditaval XML option is now available for the file.
- Update the file as necessary.
- To save your changes, press CTRL+S.
- To export the contents of the Ditaval file, select and save the file locally on your system.
To commit your changes, in the Ditaval view right-click the file and select
Release Ditaval XML.
If you do not want to keep the changes, in the Ditaval view right-click the file and select Replace with Server Revision.