View a previous revision
You can view an earlier version of a document.
Use this procedure to open a read-only copy of an earlier version of a document, without affecting the current version in any way.
This function is available from all DITA CMS views.
Right-click the document and select
from the menu.The Revision History dialog displays the list of file revisions, with the latest at the top.
Double-click the revision you want to view.
- If you select a topic, a read-only copy of the earlier document opens in the editor area
- If you select an image the Show/Edit Image dialog displays the earlier version and its metadata. You can view any of the image resolutions.
- If you select a resource, the Show/Edit Resource dialog displays the earlier version and its metadata. You can open any of the items that it contains.
- If you select a map, a copy of the earlier map opens in
the DITA Map view.Note: The map file is a copy and cannot be edited. But the topics that it contains may be actual topics and may be edited like any other topics.
- Click Cancel to close the Revision History dialog.
The document will remain open in the workspace until you close it.