Add keys to a map from preset list defined in the Content Store
Although several ways are available for including keys in a map, the DITA CMS Administrator may have defined a list of keywords and external links in a system configuration file, which you can insert into your map.
Instead of the writers each defining their own keys, the preset list of keys provides a quick method for adding keys to a map as well as encouraging consistency in key use across the topics in the Content Store.
- The Default Values column lists the default values for the keys defined in the configuration file.
- The Current Values column displays the values of the keys defined in the map.
If the value displayed in the Current Values column is different from the value in the Default Value column, it means that the map and the configuration file have keys with the same name but are defined with different values. If a key has the potential for multiple values as a result of being defined in different places, the key definition highest in the map hierarchy prevails.
To add preset keys to the map:
- In the DITA Map view, open and lock the map to which you want to add the keys.
- Right-click the map and click Edit Variables.
- Select the checkboxes next to the keywords or external links that you want to add.
If you cannot see the keys in the DITA Map view, make sure the view is configured to display the map elements.