Automatically resolve keyrefs
This feature finds all unresolved keyrefs and creates corresponding keydef elements.
If you have made extensive use of keyref linking in your documentation project, it may become difficult to keep track of the references.
DITA CMS offers a Resolve Keyrefs feature that detects all unresolved keyrefs in your document deliverable (the map and its topics) and generates syntactically correct keydef statements to define the corresponding keys.
The system also compares these keys to the file names of existing topics in the repository. For those where there is a match, the CMS will automatically insert href attributes that link the keys to the appropriate topics.
In DITA Map view or DITA Map Editor,
click the Resolve Keyrefs button ().If there are any unresolved keyrefs, the Add all undefined keys dialog appears.
- The Keyref Target Found panel - shows keyrefs that could be resolved by topics in the Content Store.
- The Undefined Keyref panel - shows keyrefs that will need to be resolved manually.
- Use the and buttons to move topics between the two panels.
- Use the button to move any of the entries in the Keyref target found panel into the right-hand panel for manual resolution, if you'd rather use targets other than those that the CMS automatically generates.
- Use the button if you change your
mind and want to move these topics back into the left-hand panel.Note: You cannot move an entry from the Undefined Keyref panel unless its keyref corresponds to the file name of a topic in the repository.
- Click OK.The system will write the appropriate <keydef> statements into the map file.