The following diagram shows how the Output Generator interacts with other DITA CMS components. Note that the diagram shows default port numbers; they may be different in your deployment.
- Extract the Output Generator files.
- Configure the name of the server that hosts the Output Generator as well as the Output Generator connection port.
- Configure the connection to the TEXTML Server and Content Store.
- Configure the Java wrapper to identify the Output Generator's Java libraries and maximum Java heap size.
- Enable Kerberos authentication, if applicable.
- Install and start the Output Generator service.
If necessary, you can install multiple Output Generator servers for better performance. See the Planning a DITA CMS Deployment document for more information.