For larger deployments or to comply to the requirements of a company, some of the DITA CMS server components must be scaled.
The DITA CMS server components can be scaled up (i.e., resources are added to the component, such as adding CPU or RAM) and/or scaled out (i.e., components are added to the solution, such as installing the Output Generator on multiple machines).
- TEXTML Server: Can be scaled up and partially scaled out.
- Output Generator: Can be scaled up and scaled out.
- Web Collaborative Reviewer Application: Can be scaled out.
- Web Author Application: Can be scaled up and scaled out.
- CMS Application Server: Can be scaled up and scaled out.