Update the Web Collaborative Reviewer
This procedure describes how to update the Web Collaborative Reviewer (WCR) to a more current build release.
To update the WCR software:
- Create a backup of the WCR. For information about creating backups, see Maintaining a DITA CMS Deployment Toolsmith's Guide.
Download the WCR package:
Note: (Optional) If you want to rename the wcr application to something more meaningful to SMEs who will be using the service, do so now before proceeding to the next step, because the name of the WAR file determines the names of the files that are installed. For clarity, the instructions that follow assume you have used the original name, wcr.
- Open the IXIASOFT Web Collaborative Reviewer download page: http://cms.ixiasoft.com/downloads/wcr/
- Click the link for the current version and continue clicking the links until you can download the WCR .war file (wcr-[version].war).
- Open a connection to the Tomcat server where the existing WCR application is installed.
- Delete the old wcr folder from %TomcatDir%/webapps/.
Copy the wcr.war file into
the %TomcatDir%/webapps/ directory.
Tomcat automatically expands the WAR file and installs the application in the wcr directory.
Wait a few seconds while the WCR is installed.
Note: You do not need to restart WCR or Tomcat after an update, because the existing WCR configuration file in %TomcatDir%/conf is not overwritten during the update.