Edit the resources.xml file
If you are updating to 4.3.47, you need to add a new type to the resources.xml file.
When a topic containing references to non-DITA files such as PDF files or videos was imported, the non-DITA files were imported as resource objects of an undefined type, which resulted in them not being searchable from the Search view. To import non-DITA files as searchable resources, the resources.xml file must be edited to add a new type called "unknown".
Also, the ditaval-file type must be removed (if present), because ditaval files are not resources.
To edit the resources.xml file:
Open the TEXTML Administration perspective by clicking the
TEXTML Administration shortcut on the
tool bar. If the shortcut is not displayed, follow these steps:
- Click TEXTML Administration.
- Click OK.
- In the TEXTML Administration view, double-click the server. If your server is not displayed in the view, you must add it to the view.
- When the Connect as dialog opens, type your username and password and click OK.
- Double-click the name of your docbase to open a connection to the Content Store.
- Expand the Content Store's Repository node and browse to /system/conf/ to locate the resources.xml file.
- Right-click the resources.xml file and click Check Out.
- Double-click the file to open it in the XML editor area.
Add the following line to the file:
For example, the file should look as follows:
<resource> <resourcetypes> <type description="">pdf-graphics</type> <type description="">pdf-legal</type> <type description="">css</type> <type description="">html</type> <!-- Default type used by the import process --> <type description="">unknown</type> </resourcetypes> </resource>
- If the <type description="">ditaval-file</type> line is present, remove it from the file.
- Save, close, and check in the file.
Inform users of the changes.
The changes will be applied automatically once users close and then reopen their DITA CMS. Users can also apply the changes without restarting their DITA CMS by clicking.