Troubleshooting: Users cannot commit document
Users are able to click Edit Document and make their changes, but when they try to submit their changes, the following message appears:
Action failed due to server-side error.For example:
This error can occur when public IDs have not been properly defined in your catalogs. To confirm that this is the problem:
- Open the GlassFish log
- Look for the logs that occurred around the date and time that the user
experienced the problem. If you see a message similar for the
Caused by: com.ixiasoft.cms.api.model.exception.CMSCatalogException: Your catalog is not configured correctly for item with public id =[ -//IXIA//DTD IXIA DITA Composite//EN ]Then one of your catalogs is missing a public ID. The error message specifies the public ID that is missing. For example, in the deployment above, you need to define the following public ID:
-//IXIA//DTD IXIA DITA Composite//EN
To solve this issue:
- Open the TEXTML Administration view.
- Connect to your server and docbase.
- Navigate to the Repository/system/catalogs collection.
- Check out the catalog to which you need to add the public ID.
- Add the public ID definition to the catalog; for example, for the error
above, you could add the following line to the
<public publicId="-//IXIA//DTD IXIA DITA Composite//EN" uri="IxiaDitabase.dtd"/>
- Save and check in the file.
- Restart the CMS Application Server.