The Assignments pane lists the active documents assigned to you in the role selected. To work on a document, simply click on it and it will be displayed in the Editing and Reviewing pane.
The documents displayed in the Assignments pane depend on the role you have selected in the Roles drop-down list.
For example, if you are a reviewer for two documents, and these documents have been released by the authors and sent for review (their status is now Authoring:review, for example), they will be displayed in the Assignments pane when you select the Reviewer role (or equivalent, according to your company configuration).
To refresh the list, click the Refresh icon in the Number of assignments area.
To get the properties of a document, click the down arrow beside the document name.
The following information is displayed when you click the down arrow beside a document:
- Edit: Indicates whether the document is available for edit or review.
- Role: Indicates under which role this document is assigned to you.
- Status: Current status of the document (for example, Authoring:review).
- Assigned by: Name and email address of the person who assigned this document to you.
- Due date: Date when the document is due, if applicable.
- Assigned to: Name and email address of the person assigned to this document. Since a document may be assigned to more than one person, this field may list multiple names.
- ID: ID of the document.
Colors in the Assignments pane indicate whether documents are available for editing:
- A red line indicates that the document is checked out by someone else.
- A green line indicates that the document is checked out by you.
- The document that you are editing is displayed in blue.
- No line indicates that the document is available for checkout.