New in this documentation release
The following features are new in this release of the document.
Build 4.3.47 updates
- New feature added. You can now rename a product or library's DRM version. See Rename a version.
To better support the DRM multi-level library feature, it is no longer possible to create or import maps, topics, images, and resources into more than one product or library. They can still be created and imported in multiple versions of a single product or library. The procedures in this document were updated accordingly.
To reuse objects between products, you must use libraries.
- A new feature called Refactor was added to allow you to change a product into a library or a library into a product or to transfer an object from one product or library to another. For more information, see Change your documentation structure, Change the product or library to which an object belongs, and Transferring an object from a product to a library when the object is in two products.
Build 4.3.7 updates
- Documented the following new feature:
Build 4.3 updates
- Added documentation for the new multi-level libraries feature. See Using multi-level libraries.
- It is no longer possible to move an object to another version.
You can now change the primary version of an object. See Change the primary version of an object.
- In the Synchronization feature, the Commit menu option was renamed to Release for clarity. Also, the Committed folder in the DRM Synchronization perspective was renamed to Released. The documentation was updated accordingly.
- The dialog to branch objects was improved. See Branch topics, images, or resources.
- You can now select multiple objects when using the and commands.
- Added information about the fields that can be configured in the product, release, and version files:
- Added a new topic on handling deleted objects during synchronization: About deleted topics.
Oct. 22 updates
- Added information on Reimporting objects with DRM (examples).
Build 4.2 updates
- Added documentation for the following features:
- Synchronization: The synchronization feature compares the contents of two product or library versions and returns the objects that have changed. Users can open the object in a compare editor to see the differences between the two versions. They can also merge the changes. See Synchronization.
- Map Snapshot: Users can create a snapshot of a map and generate the output of this snapshot. See Snapshots.
- Version Tag: A version tag is a DITA CMS object that captures the contents of a version at a particular point in time. It contains the list of all the objects that were in a version. You can use this tag to create a new version. See Version tags.
Build 4.1.6 updates
DITA CMS 4.1 updates
- Added the procedure to Use libraries in your documents.