Create a new product
Products contain and classify the releases and versions in the CMS.
Products have the file extension .product but they are XML files and so they can be most easily edited in your preferred XML editor. You should add a default editor to .product files in your Eclipse preferences so that the products that you want to edit are opened automatically in your preferred editor.
To create a new product:
Dynamic Release Management
view, click the Create a new product or
library button in the view toolbar.
The Create Product or Library dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the product name.
- In the type field, select Product.
- Specify the language for the product in the Language field.
- Ignore the Layer field, as it applies to creating multi-level libraries.
- Enter a description for the product.
- (Optional) Click the Save Settings button to save the Language setting for the next time that you create a product in the Create Product or Library dialog box.
The product is created and displayed in the Dynamic Release Management view.