Install a new docbase on Linux
This procedure describes how to install a new, unpopulated docbase into TEXTML Server.
When you install a docbase, it creates a docbase entity in the TEXTML Server Administration Console so that you can use it to manage your documents.
Docbases must be installed on a local drive or a storage area network (SAN) on the machine where you installed TEXTML Server. They cannot be installed on a Windows share or network file system (NFS) volume.
IXIASOFT recommends that you store all the docbases in a top-level folder, called docbases, and then create a sub-folder for the TEXTML Server version and then a sub-folder for each docbase so you can quickly identify and differentiate your docbases.
For example, if you had a production and a testing environment, you could have the following paths:
To install a new docbase:
Create a directory for your docbase on a
local drive or a storage area network (SAN) on the machine where you installed
For example: /docbases/TEXTML4.3/Prod_v 44
Give TEXTML Server permissions for
the high-level directory (for example, the docbases directory) and its
chmod -R u+wr,g+wr,o+r-w docbases
- Open the DITA CMS Eclipse client.
Open the TEXTML Administration perspective by clicking the
TEXTML Administration shortcut on the
tool bar. If the shortcut is not displayed, follow these steps:
- Click TEXTML Administration.
- Click OK.
- In the TEXTML Administration view, double-click the server. If your server is not displayed in the view, you must add it to the view.
- When the Connect as dialog opens, type your username and password and click OK.
In the TEXTML Administration view, right-click
the server and click Install Document
The Install Document Base dialog opens.Figure 1. Installing a docbase
In the Name box, type
the name of the docbase.
Note: While the name of the docbase can be different from the name of the docbase folder, IXIASOFT highly recommends that you use the same name.
In the Data box, type the path to the docbase
Important: If you opened the TEXTML Server Administration Console from a different machine than where TEXTML Server and the docbase are installed, you must enter the full path to the docbase on the machine where it is installed (and the Browse button is disabled).
Do one of the following:
Note: Logger records (not to be confused with transaction logs) are duplicates of the master record for docbase transactions. TEXTML Server creates logger records when performing write operations on the docbase. Users who expect frequent intense write activity on a docbase may choose to locate the logger records in a separate directory residing on a different physical disk to improve performance.
- To have logger records saved in the docbase directory, select Use same directory for logs.
- To have logger records written to a different directory, specify a folder in the Logs box.
- Under Installation Type, click New document base to install a new and empty docbase entity.
The new docbase and its associated subfolders appear as child nodes of the server.
- Look in the logs. Open the textml_instance-namelog file in /opt/ixiasoft/textmlserver/instance-name/log and check the error message details.
- If you get an Error installing document base message, repeat the procedure, ensuring that the Name is a docbase folder also selected in the Data box.