DITA CMS architecture
The DITA CMS solution is comprised of server and client components.
Figure 1 shows the DITA CMS architecture.
- TEXTML Server: Provides a native XML database that combines a
reliable document repository with powerful search functions for the DITA CMS
content. It also manages the Content Store.
- Content Store: Stores all the DITA content (maps, topics), non-DITA content (images, PDF files, videos, etc.), and workgroup configuration for the DITA CMS.
- Output Generator: Executes the transformation process from DITA content to the specified output type (PDF, HTML, XML, CHM, etc.).
- Scheduler: Schedules and executes jobs such as pre-generating output, sending notifications, creating activity reports, etc.
- Web Collaborative Reviewer (WCR) Application: Allows users to access the PDF-based collaborative reviewing functionality of DITA CMS from an Internet browser.
- Web Author Application: Allows users to easily edit and review DITA documents from an Internet browser without having to install the DITA CMS Eclipse Client.
- CMS Application Server: Provides the business logic and caching for DITA CMS applications, such as the Web Author Application.
- DITA CMS Eclipse Client: Graphical user interface (GUI) that allows users to access the entire set of DITA CMS functionalities, including authoring, reviewing, localizing, and publishing.
- Web Collaborative Reviewer (WCR) Client: Web client that allows users to access the reviewing functionality of the DITA CMS from an Internet browser.
- Web Author Client: Web client that allows content contributors and reviewers to edit and review DITA CMS topics from an Internet browser.
Overview of DITA CMS components
The following diagram shows the DITA CMS architecture. Each component is described in details in the next sections.