Download and extract the Scheduler server files
This procedure describes how to extract the Scheduler files to a Linux or Windows server.
You will need one instance of Scheduler per DITA CMS Content Store.
To install Scheduler on a server:
On the server, create a directory where the Scheduler will be
installed; for example:
Windows: C:\Ixiasoft\Scheduler\ Linux: /opt/ixiasoft/Scheduler/You must have the following permissions on the directory:
Note: The %SchedulerDir% expression will be used to represent the Scheduler directory.
- Windows: Read and write permissions
- Linux: Read, write, and execute permissions (750)
- Go to the IXIASOFT Scheduler download page:
Click the link to the latest version of the Scheduler and
continue clicking the links until you reach the following files:
- Download these files to the %SchedulerDir% directory.
- Extract the files to the %SchedulerDir% directory.
When the files are extracted, delete the .zip files from the directory.
The following Scheduler directories are installed on your server:
- bin: Contains the Scheduler bat files
- conf: Contains the XML configuration files and templates
- libs: Contains the Scheduler program libraries
- logs: Initially empty; it will contain the Scheduler logs
- temp: Initially empty; it will be used during processing