New in this documentation release
- Added two new attributes to the languages.xml configuration file.
The default attribute specifies the language
selected by default in the dialog boxes used to create objects and the authoring attribute specifies whether the language is made
available in the list of options in the dialog boxes used to create objects. For
more information, see Configure languages for document creation and localization.
- A new attribute, deprecated, has
been added to the conditionaltext.xml
configuration file to allow system administrators to deprecate a conditional
attribute value. For more information, see Deprecating conditional attribute values.
- Added ability to store oXygen XML Editor's document types
extensions (framework extensions) in the Content Store so they are added into the
oXygen Editor's Preferences when the DITA CMS Eclipse Clients are launched. For more
information, see Adding oXygen XML Editor's document type extensions (framework extensions) to the Content Store.
- Corrected a sample code error in the procedure to Create a map template that generates topics.
- A new type has been added to the resource.xml file to allow non-DITA files referenced by an imported object to
be imported as resources identified as type "unknown", which allows them to be
searchable. For more information, see Configure resource types.
DITA CMS Core 4.3
- A new configuration option called incremental localization has been
added to the sequential localization mode. The new incremental localization process
allows you to start the localization process for a map without having all the
objects in the Authoring:done status (or the equivalent status in your deployment).
For more information, see Configure the incremental localization process.
- A new configuration option called pivot language localization has
been added to the sequential localization mode. Pivot language localization allows
you to use an intermediate language (pivot language) when a direct translation
between the source language and the target language is not available. For more
information, see Localizing from an alternate language (pivot language localization).
- When specifying perspective names in the system/conf/eclipseui.xml file, you can now use wildcards to specify
multiple perspectives in a single line. For example,
"com.ixiasoft.dita.eclipse.gui.perspective.*" will match all the DITA CMS
perspectives. See Simplify a perspective for more