Create related links from one topic to another
This procedure uses a text editor to put a group of links to related topics into the current topic.
Referenced topics must be in the Authoring or Published cycle (or its equivalent in your workflow).
- Open the topic in your text editor.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the related links.
- Insert a <related-links> tag with a <link> tag inside it.
Add an href attribute to the
Your <link> tag should look like this: <link href="">
- Use Search to find the topic you want to reference in the Search Results view.
- Right-click the topic, then select from the menu.
Paste the reference between the quotation marks of the href
Your completed code should now look something like this:
<related-links> <link href="dit1142280181031.xml"/> </related-links>Tip: Add a comment showing the topic title just above the <link> tag so that you remember what the topic is actually about.
- Optional: Insert additional link tags as needed.