Troubleshoot your installation
This section describes how to troubleshoot your installation.
Look at the Output Generator logs
If an error occurs, see the Output Generator logs. An error.zip file is also returned in the output directory. See the service logs (wrapper.log) or the transformation and Open Toolkit logs for more information.
Confirm that you are running the right version of Java
- Open the %OutputGenDir%/logs/ wrapper.log file.
- Look for the java version string; for
STATUS | 2014/10/15 10:31:52 | Launching a JVM... INFO | 2014/10/15 10:31:52 | java version "1.7.0_55" INFO | 2014/10/15 10:31:52 | Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_55-b13)
- If you are not using the right Java version:
- Install the required Java version.
- Make sure that you have correctly set the wrapper.java.command value in the %OutputGenDir%/conf/wrapper.conf file.
Check that the Output Generator is starting the JVM correctly
- Open the %OutputGenDir%/conf/wrapper.conf file with a text editor.
- Uncomment the following
- Restart the Output Generator and look at the %OutputGenDir%/logs/ wrapper.log file. It will contain the complete Java command run by the Output Generator. This may provide additional information to troubleshoot your installation.
Linux only: Check if a .pid file is in the %OutputGenDir%/pid/ directory
A .pid file in the %OutputGenDir%/pid/ directory indicates that a process is already running. Kill the process (the process number is set in the .pid file) and try again.