Modify a document
This procedure describes how to open and modify a document.
Note: XML documents can be opened using the default editor. Users can open other document types by choosing one of the available editors. (See Associate file extensions with applications.)
To modify a document:
- Open the Administration Console and connect to the server and to the docbase.
- Expand the docbase and the Repository to display the collections.
Unlock the parent docbase and the repository if they are locked.
(See Lock or unlock a docbase.)
- Expand the collection for the document, and select the document.
Right-click the document file name and select
A lock icon replaces the document icon .
Do one of the following::
The document opens:Figure 1. Locked document open for editing
- Double-click any document to open it in the default editor.
- To select an editor, right-click the document, select Open With, and choose an editor from the list.
- Modify the document as desired.
When you are done, click
to save your changes.The document is saved to your local file system.
To save the changes to the server, in the TEXTML
Administration view, right-click the document file name and
select Check In.
The modified file is returned to the docbase and becomes the active version.
- To make the document available to other users, right-click the file name and select Break Lock.