Open a document in read-only mode
This procedure describes how to open a document in order to consult it.
Note: XML documents can be opened using the default editor. Users can open other document types by choosing one of the available editors.
To open a document:
- Open the Administration Console and connect to the server and to the docbase.
- Expand the docbase and the Repository to display the collections.
- Expand the collection for the document, and select the document.
Do one of the following::
The document opens in read-only mode:Figure 1. Open XML documentNote: To open several documents at once, hold down CTRL or SHIFT and click the documents, then right-click and select Open or Open with.
- Double-click any document to open it in the default editor.
- To select an editor, right-click the document, select Open With, and choose an editor from the list.