Export a collection
Exporting a collection copies all the documents in the selected collection to a location outside the docbase. The operation includes all child folders (sub-collections).
If you export the repository, all subfolders of the repository are exported.
To export a collection:
Right-click the collection and select Export...
The Browse for Folder dialog appears.
- Browse to the destination directory for the collection.
Do one of the following:
- If you already have a directory in place for exported files, go to Step 5.
- If this is the first time you are exporting a collection, go to Step 4.
Make a directory for the collection, as follows:
Click the Make New Folder button.
A space for a new folder opens up.
- Enter a name for the exports directory and press Enter.
- Click the Make New Folder button.
Select the directory that will be hold the collection:
Figure 1. Exporting a collection
Ensure that the folder name appears beside Folder, and
The export is initiated, and the collection is saved under the directory you selected in Step 5.
- In your file system, navigate to the exports directory and open it to make sure that the collection is there.